Today I have decided to interview Georgia from my debut novel, 'One more smile...' Are you ready to indulge into her life? Here we go...


Me: ' Hello Georgia, how are you?'

Georgia:' I'm fine. Thank you.'

Me: 'Well, shall we start the interview? I'm sure the people out there and those who have just heard about you are interested in learning about your character.'

Georgia: 'That's fine. Let's get started then'.

Me: 'Alright then. Tell me about your childhood. Was it a happy one? Did you have friends? Close friends?'

Georgia: 'Hey! One question at a time!' (laughter)

Well... though my parents and I lived in extreme poverty I must say that I had a fairly nice childhood. Me and my sisters were brought up in a very strict household though my step-mother never treated us badly. It was my father who was the strict one in the family. Whenever me and my sisters, Fani and Eleni that is, were naughty, our step-mother Vasiliki would always tell us ' Girls, stop fighting. Be good, otherwise I will tell your father.' And that was it. She never raised her hand to smack us. So because we knew what was awaiting us when our father would come home, we would instantly become good girls.

As for friends I can't say that I had many. It was just one girl friend I had who I felt very close to, but I'm not going to reveal her name though..(laughter) You have to find out for yourselves.!' (Again laughter)

Me:' Correct me please, if I didn't get it right. I think I heard you say the word 'step-mother''.

Georgia: 'You heard right. Our step-mother'.

Me: 'Um...how come you had a step-mother and not a mother? What happened to your biological mother?'

Georgia: 'I'd rather not answer that question. Anybody who is curious and needs the answer can find it in 'One more smile..."'

Me:' Mmm.. so I can see you are not willing to give us some more info!'

Georgia:' Nope.' (a small smile appears on her rosy lips and her eyes remind me of crystal blue waters)

Me: 'In general, what can you tell us about yourself while growing up?'

Georgia: 'To begin with, as I mentioned earlier, my father was very strict with us; his three girls and 2nd wife. What was important to him was to have a roof over his family's head and food to eat. He never cared about his daughters and wife not being able to wear a new pair of shoes or a new blouse or skirt. We had to make do with what he wanted to offer us. Women in that era didn't work. Very few did, but they did so in the big cities. Not in villages. And let's face it; women in that era, were brought up with the notion that their priority is to get married and have children. No space for studying... Women were meant and expected to be dependent on their husbands. There was no space for divorce. That word was out of the question. As brutal as men were at those times towards their wives, no wife left her family. It was a disgrace. Whoever doesn't believe me, try reading 'One more smile...''

Me: 'Well, very interesting. But, what about you? Did you want to get married, have children?'

Georgia:' Yes, of course. Not because it was the rule but I did want to have a family of my own. And of course I wanted to meet my husband-to-be by myself. In that era, there was match making whether the young lady wanted it or not. And one other thing I want to mention is that when a woman married at the age of 20 and over she was called a spinster! It was mandatory for the girl to have got married by the age of 18! Luckily this has changed over the years!'

Me: ' Yes, definitely. Well, unfortunately time is up and this is the end of our interview. Thank you so much Georgia for being with us. But could you please remind us where we can find you?'

Georgia: 'Yes. You can find me in 'One more smile...' which in turn can be found on Amazon as a paperback and on Kobo, Nook, Apple, Tolino, Vivlio, Scribd, 2Ssymbols and Overdrive as an Ebook. Don't miss your chance guys. You will enjoy every scene.'

Me: 'Thank you once again, Georgia.'

Georgia: 'I have to thank you for giving me the opportunity to express myself.'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!!!

Facebook Pages

Christmas Mood