Hello everybody,

 think it's time to interview Georgia's sister, Fani. I hope you enjoy her interview as much as you liked Georgia's.

 Me: 'Hello there, Fani! I'm so glad to have you here.

Fani: 'It's my pleasure.'

There is a faint smile and a little frown on her face which makes me ask myself whether she is glad to be here with me or she's lying.

Me: "Are you ready then?"

Fani: 'Yes".

Me: 'First things first. Tell me about Georgia and Eleni. Did you get on well as sisters or were you always fighting like most siblings do?'

Fani: 'In general we had a good time together, we got on well and whenever Eleni couldn't do a chore or something our father would assign her to do, we would help her secretly. We didn't want our father to scold her, though he never really cared about her'.

 Me: 'Why is that?'

Fani: 'You don't know?!'

 If you could only see the irony in her eyes...

Me: 'Of course I know! But your readers don't. So how about telling them?'

Fani: 'No'. I think she has flown off the handle. 'If they want to know more about my family's life they should read " One more smile... " They can find the answers in there'.

Oh my! She is so adamant that I know that no matter how much I try, she would not reveal her father's behaviour. She reminds me a little of Georgia, when I was interviewing her too.

 Me: 'Ok then. Let's leave the readers find out for themselves... Um...as far as I remember you were a little girl when your biological mother passed away. Do you remember her at all?'

 Fani: 'Not really.' She blinks a few times looking upwards before continuing. 'I was so little that to tell you the truth I don't remember her facial features. But...but the only thing I remember is her tender embrace. She hugged me so softly, so tenderly...'

Tears are blocking her eyes when a few seconds later a waterfall of tears flow down her cheeks.

 Fani: ' I'm sorry. I didn't want to expose myself like that.' I offer her a tissue which she grabs from me. "Luckily your readers can't see me,' she adds, blowing her nose noisily.

Me: ' I don't think that my readers would mind seeing you in such a state. I'm sure they would feel empathy.'

I let her come to.

 Me: ' Alright. Let us carry on. Could you please tell us how your step-mother met your father?'

Fani: 'As far as I know there was a match-making. My father and step-mother had never talked about that to us three girls. Those issues were none of their children's business. Of course, the same happened to all the other families in Greece, back then.'

Me:' Right. Can you tell us a bit about your step-mother Vasiliki? What kind of person was she?'

Fani:' I don't know what Georgia has told you but Mother Vasiliki was a very caring person. She loved us very much even if she didn't smile enough. She wouldn't beat us like other mothers would to their kids. Maybe because she had no children of her own...I don't know'.

Me: 'Yes, maybe. When a woman cannot bear a child, then when the opportunity comes they give all their love to the child or children they are raising. And to be sincere, Vasiliki was a Saint. She brought up 3 kids without being their biological mother. What kind of woman would do that?'

Fani: 'Exactly. She was a role model for me. And my sisters'.

 Me:' Alright, let's carry on. How did you feel when Georgia left Greece?

Fani: ' The only thing I can say is that I knew Georgia would stand up for herself one day, but I didn't expect her to leave the country. Nevertheless, I did miss her.

 Me:' What did you do in your pastime when you were little and then as a teenager?'

Fani: 'Unlike today, there was nothing you could do to spend your time. The poverty, the hunger and all those things that were going on back then, didn't allow us to have any pastimes. If you were a girl you had to help in the house and if you were a boy you had to go to the fields with your father. That was the norm. However, when I did have some time, which was rare I must admit, I would play with my doll. I would pretend she was my best friend. I could tell her my secrets as I knew that she wouldn't tell anybody. Not even my sisters.'

Me:' What do you mean? You didn't trust your sisters?'

Fani: 'I did. But there were some personal things that I wouldn't even think of telling my sisters'.

Me: 'Oh, I get it! Boyfriends...'

Fani: 'Let's say you are right.' Her face becomes bright pink with embarassment.

 Me:' So, would you like to talk about it?'

Fani: 'Definitely not!" She exclaims opening her eyes wide. I understand her. Maybe I too wouldn't want to reveal my relationship with a boyfriend. After all, it's none of anybody's business!

Me: 'Since we are talking about boys did you ever want to get married? I know that you married Vasilis but as a little girl did you want to share your life with a man and have a family?'

Fani: 'To be frank I did want to get married but not by match making. However, I did marry by match making. My father had arranged the procedure without asking me or Mother. It went like that in those days. The girls were never asked if they wanted to get married. There was a match making and the wedding had to take place very soon. Up to six months, the least.'

Me: 'Wow! I'm impressed! And what about today, in this era? Would you agree to match making?'

Fani: 'Nope. Luckily times have changed so I believe that if a girl doesn't want to get married, she shouldn't. If she does, it's her job to find the perfect match for her. Of course I'm against divorces, but if there is no communication between a married couple it's best for them to separate.

 Me: 'And what about today's girls who are the predators instead of the boys?'

Fani: ' That's something I don't like at all. Men have lost their masculinity. Girls are the ones who hit on the boys and I think that this has to do with all those modern and sexy clothes the girls wear. Back in the 30's and 40's women respected themselves. They didn't have many dresses - I'm talking about the city people - but those who did, wore them ankle length which revealed their legs and their glossy high heels. Beautiful times...'

 She silently sighs lifting her eyes upwards in wonder.

Me: ' I bet they were... Ok. I think we are done here. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. Please tell our readers where they can find you..'

Fani: 'Yes, they can find me in 'One more smile...' They can go to Amazon, BARNES AND NOBLE and BOOKTOPIA AUSTRALIA and get the copy as a paperback. The ebook will be available on AMAZON in a couple of weeks.

Me: 'Well Fani. It was nice talking to you. Personally, I loved interviewing you and I hope our readers are conent with your answers. Thank you for being here with us.

 Fani: 'It's my pleasure. Thank you for inviting me.'



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!!!

Facebook Pages

Christmas Mood